Thursday, July 7, 2011

Easy banana fudge snacks

So on a recent trip to the beach, I discovered frozen bananas on a stick. They are basically just that, frozen bananas on a stick covered with chocolate. From what I've read, you stick the popsicle stick in the peeled banana, freeze it, then dip it in melted chocolate and refreeze it. Well that makes a wonderful snack, but for those of us without the patience for that, I came up with a variation. While I'm still working on ways to cut the banana, I encourage experimentation with that. Also, the chocolate could be left off, but who wants to leave chocolate out of anything? Not me! I also plan on experimenting with adding peanuts, coconut, mini M&Ms, etc.

Banana fudge snacks:
Wax paper
Foil
1 banana
Hershey's chocolate syrup
Any sundae toppings desired (coconut flakes, peanuts, candies, etc.)

Take one banana and peel it. Discard or compost the peel. Cut up as desired and place on wax paper. I've found cutting the bananas into bite size circles and laying them flat first, then pouring syrup on top works best. If desired, sprinkle on topping on top. Then wrap the wax paper around the banana, wrap the foil around the banana, and place in freezer. Leave in the freezer until it is frozen (a few hours). When frozen, unwrap and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment