Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sushi lovers unite!


To those of you who love sushi, I have recently discovered that there is an all you can eat sushi place by me! If you live in the DE/PA border area, Hibachi Restaurants have all you can eat sushi! I got the flying fish roe, which sounds horrible, but its actually very sweet with a nice crunch (yes the crunch is the eggs and it sounds barbaric, I know). I also got a rainbow roll, with a variety of fish on top, a salmon and avocado roll, and some kind of spicy roll that was way too hot to eat. If you are new to sushi, or are not comfortable with eating raw fish, I recommend sticking to the veggie or tempura (cooked) rolls. They are easier to newbies. I always get edamame to start the meal. If you have never tried it, it is steamed soybeans with sea salt on top. You pop the soybeans out of the shell with your teeth, do not eat the shell! Sushi also comes with a little tray/bowl for your soy sauce, I like to mix some wasabi into the soy sauce and to dip the roll into it for an added kick, but that isn't for everyone. If the spice upsets your stomach, try to eat some of the pickled ginger that comes with the meal (the pink shaved stuff on the side of your plate). It looks and tastes not great, but settles the stomach very well. I take an extra sushi menu and keep track of what I have ordered, what I like, and why. That way, as I order, I remind myself of favorites and have a record for the next time I visit a sushi place. I challenge you to try some sushi out sometime. It may not be your thing, but it can be a fun culinary adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment