Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pepper and veggie bagels

This is a new twist on the typical bagel sandwich.I found that the pepper in the cheese and the bagel mixed with the coolness of the cream cheese and veggies made an excellent balanced sandwich. As usual, feel free to experiment with the ingredients, this is just one way to make it. Be creative and enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 jalapeno and cheddar bagel (I like Panera brand's)
Veggie cream cheese (Again, Panera makes a yummy variety)
Pepper jack cheese slices
1/2 a bell pepper (I would recommend using any color but green for the coolness and mildness)
Lettuce - about a handful. (I like a mixed field greens variety)

 I started by toasting the bagel and spreading it with the cream cheese and putting the sliced cheese on top quickly so it melts a bit. Next I added the peppers (using a thick slice to "plug" the hole in the middle of the bagel) and lettuce. Finally I closed the bagel using a knife to hold the goodies on while flipping the top half. Use extra peppers and lettuce to make a mini side salad.

Update: I tried this today with tomatoes instead of peppers and with white cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment